Hydrafacial Treatment – Siobhan Makes Dr. Paul’s Skin Glow!
Dr. Paul had a HydraFacial with the lovely Siobhan last week. A lot of people don’t know what’s involved so I thought I’d do a blog post to explain exactly what’s involved in a hydrafacial. Is it a facial, is it a treatment? Does the hydrafacial do something similar to microdermabrasion or is it more like a chemical peel? Who should be using it? People looking for acne treatments or rejuvenation? One thing should be immediately made clear: hydrafacials are for all skin types and gives them a radiant skin tone.
You can watch the full video of the hydrafacial treatment that I got from the one and only Siobhan below and read on to learn more about this fantastic (and pain free!) treatment.
View this post on Instagram
What Is The Hydrafacial Excitement All About?
Basically the hydrafacial is suitable for even sensitive skin. Lets be honest we all need to remove dead skin cells, but removing dead skin cells with microdermabrasion or chemical peels is not something you want to do too regularly. Many skin resurfacing procedures can be very hars on the skin. This is where the hydrafacial comes in! It is perfect for general skin health and both unique skin concerns and specific skin concerns.
Hydrafacial Treatment Steps
There are five steps to a hydrafacial. The first step for the hydrafacial is preparing the skin for the hydrafacial treatment. Preparing the skin has to be done by gently cleaning the skin and gentle exfoliation with a skin polish.
- Step 1 – Preparing Skin: The first step of the hydrafacial is the exfoliation. The head pops on to the headpiece and then when we pop the machine on, it creates the suction needed to prep the skin.
- Step 2 – The Skin Peel: The second step of the hydrafacial treatment is the skin peel using AHAs and BHAs. This is helpful for oily skin types. These dead skin cells can block the pores. When the pores are blocked, it’s impossible to clear out all the dirt and debris that is inside the pores themselves. Furthermore, there’s sebum in the pores, which needs to be cleaned out also in many situations. This step removes dead skin cells.
- Step 3 – Cleaning the Pores: To conclude the HydraFacial treatment, we dive into the most vital step of all – cleansing and clearing out your pores. Before you even get to this step the skin will be beginning to glow. With the hydrafacial, the vortex of water and the salicylic acid work together to clean out the pores without squeezing the skin and potentially damaging
- Step 4 – Feeding the Skin: This step is when we feed the skin cells with hyaluronic acid and anti oxidants. The raisin like skin will be plumped out and hydrated more like a grape. Every skin tones and many skin concerns are improved by this amazing facial treatment. The hydrating serums will help bring out your best skin.
- Step 5 – LED Light Therapy: Then, LED lights are used to give you a full facial rejuvenation. Red LED light recharges cells while blue LEDs ward off bacteria or skin infections. The end result? A more radiant complexion!
How Often Do You Recommend Hydrafacial Treatments?
We usually recommend Hydrafacials to be done at six week intervals. Although they can be done less frequently, or more frequently, if the circumstances dictate a change to the standard protocol. For example, you may want to do a HydraFacial before an event and have already had one recently or you may want to stretch out the gap between Hydrafacials because there’s an event coming up.
Our Most Popular Treatment
The HydraFacial remains our most popular treatment and it’s quite clear to see why. There are instant results and if you’re afraid of cosmetic treatments like anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers and would like to dip your toe into this skin improvement journey, a HydraFacial is a cheap, highly effective and safe way to start this journey. The best part is our therapists Siobhan and Julie are extremely knowledgeable about everything there is to know about skin so you can discuss anything else you wish to discuss about your skin while you’re having your relaxing treatment. A great place to start!
When is a Good Time for a Hydrafacial?
Whenever I have a few minutes, I pop in to Siobhan to get a HydraFacial. Hydrafacial treatments are so popular we have two hydrafacial machines, so two people can get a hydrafacial treatment at the same time! The reason I like this treatment is because it really isn’t sore, it suits all skin types, it gives a visible skin refinement and improves the skin texture instantly! It helps with long term skin health, a multitude of skin concerns…and did I mention I love that you’re guaranteed not to feel any pain. This means that anytime is a good time for you to have a hydrafacial.
Clean and Glowing Skin
After the hydrafacial, the main benefit, apart from the boost to skin health is the glow! Fine lines and wrinkles immediately became less apparent because the skin’s surface has been hydrated and because the hydrafacial has cleared out the congested skin. The glow is so dramatic when done by a skincare professional like Siobhan you may think that your skin is wet. Its not, this is the effect of the hydrafacial causing more even skin tone and boosting skin health after just one treatment.
After a treatment, your skin will be glowing and radiant. Seeing the dirt, debris and dead skin cells that was clogging up my pores extracted was incredibly satisfying! Watching videos of this process further amplifies my astounded admiration for the power of HydraFacial treatments. It’s like witnessing magic right before your eyes! See for yourself in the video above.
Get your hydrafacial treatment now by booking online or by calling +353 1 676 1074 and experience the glow and confidence a hydrafacial can give you.